Walking Tacos- The Easiest of all College Cuisine
Okay, who doesn’t love tacos (steak taco recipe on the way, shout-out to the homie Giovanni)
Tacos aren’t always the easiest thing to eat on the go however 😫
Worst thing that can happen is you forget taco seasoning; but that wouldn’t have happened if you read my Wise Guide to Apartment Shopping: College Edition
Walking Tacos is my favorite thing to make at home.
To Feed at least 2 people:
- 1 lb of Chuck ($6.00) or Flank steak ($8.00)
- Pace Picante HOT Salsa ( $2.00 Rec. but not pictured)
- Great Value “Mexican Fiesta Blend” Shredded Cheese ($2.50)
- Green, Red, and Yellow Peppers ($2 or less **optional)
- White or Purple Onion ($2.00 or less saute for flavor)
- Cayenne (a pinch)
- Minced Garlic (to flavor)
- Chili powder (a pinch)
- Or Buy Taco Seasoning ($1.00) 🙄
- Tortillas or my beloved Tomato Wraps (Ik it’s not used for that but hey)
Instructions on How to Prepare College Cuisine: Walking Tacos
- Season meat: salt, black pepper, onion powder, chili powder, garlic, all peppers and onions
- Add vegetables to pan, then add lime and lemon while simmering
- add meat to pan and brown meat on Med-High Heat (once all brown take it off heat)
- Drain excess grease in a separate container, trash it
- **Lay aluminum foil over stove-eye to quickly ‘cook’ flour tortillas Word to the Wise: (if heat is too high watch closely to be sure it doesn’t stick)
- After you brown meat dress walking taco in shell or open that bag or fritos left over from the purple variety bag.
- Add: cheese and HOT Pace Picante Salsa and BOOM!
- You got walking tacos
I love to cook: Southern food, Italian, Seafood, authentic Mexican food and especially dessert. I do it all and all on a Money Wise Budget.
Follow me on Pinterest for THE BEST College Hacks and Advice
More Recipes to Come…
Comment your favorite to see me make it on Chef Savage D TV
Chef it Up!
You don’t know what you’ll create until your stomach starts growling, but by then it’s too late